Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Gate Assignments ???

Hi i just got going with TT Tools and i want to set up KPIT to the point. So i am creating the traffic but i was wondering if there was a way for me to assign the traffic to a specific gate? i hope theres a fix. I got an AFCAD for PIT so i hope this wont mess things up.Thanks to anyone who can help!Pat

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Pat. You need to have AFCAD 2. And you can only use AFCAD 2 in FS9 (2004).You didn't specify what MSFS you are using or TTool version. Using TTools 2.x for AI traffic and AFCAD 2 for AI parking, you can set up any airport with assigned parking. There are several AI tutorials available online that you should check into if you have problems or quesions.In brief. Your KPIT download may, or may not have assigned parking.You can alter an assignment, or you can make an assignment for an unassigned parking spot. You also need to add these lines to each aircraft config paragraph.atc_parking_types=atc_parking_codes=These tell what where to go. For example a Fed Ex A310;atc_parking_types=CARGO RAMPatc_parking_codes=FDXIn AFCAD 2, drop down the menu for "lists" and find parking. Under properties you can assign the FDX code or codes that allow AI AC with that parking code to park there.You will just have to plunge in, trial and error, to make it work the way you want.Have funRick

There is a program called "Parking Manager" on www.flightsim.com probably elsewhere also. This makes it much easier to set up the Parking Types and Codes... It has a list of all airlines, and some individual aircraft like Heliocopter, et. al. Since using it, Ive found that my Helio's start up, lift off the ground a couple of times, then vanish in a puff of smoke. (If Effects are set high) It shows you the entire list of aircraft you have in the aircraft folder, and you can even change the radius for aircraft in the AIR file if set incorrectly.