Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

Is Simple Increased Traffic Possible?

Hello All,I would like to increase GA traffic at the airport where I learned to fly as a youngster, but the more I read in this Forum, the more intimidated I get. So far I've downloaded and read several tutorials, each one of which seems to recommend more tutorials. I'm flying FS2002 with about 150 a/c now. I remember how timid I was about installing 3rd party a/c, and messed up many at the beginning, but now think nothing of changing instruments, radios and panels or changing config or air files. I guess I am asking some patient soul to help me through the process of adding just one local flight, like to the next city, and back. Like learning to install a/c, I think if I can do just one I'll be ok. I have ttools and know how to use afcad but everything has been made to sound so terribly complicated I'm not even sure which kind of a/c can be used,.ie does it have to be an AI aircraft, or can it be one that I have already installed and am flying, like a Beaver or Aero Commander? If this sounds like a silly request, please excuse me and disregard it.(The airport happens to be where I got my first glider ticket on my 14th birthday). Thanks for any and all assistance. Mistral2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Mistral2I havent FS2002 installed anymore but are sure i can help, can i suggest you take another look at the Ttool's tutorial. Download GA Traffic Maker 1.1 (gatm11ex.zip & update gatm_116.zip) by Mike Holland. Youll soon have more GA than you can point a stick at :-smile12RegardsBaldrick

The program GA-Traffic will increase GA-Traffic at all airfields. In addition, you can convert existing GA aircraft for it to use, so framerates are better. Once you convert them, you have an additional entry in the aircraft folder "GA-AI aircraftname" Then you check that one in GA-Traffic Planes, to be used, and uncheck the regular version to increase framerates. It will also use any repaints in the aircraft for GA AI also. It is much simpler than just adding traffic to your own field. For then you will only see the aircraft you have setup. Currently I have 55 aircraft at KFUL when I load up in the morning. Having so many, even as AI, still has an effect on framerates. BUT, if you only use GA, and only fly to GA airfields, you can also uncheck the box in FS9 Traffic menu for Commercial. Then your framerates go back up. IT also means you dont get a lot of ATC calls to commercial aircraft, making it easier for you. Bob

Hi,Keep in mind that since you are using FS2002, you can only have one traffic bgl file. So you will need to decompile your default traffic file (using the TTools for FS2002), add your flight(s), and recompile the file. I'm not sure that GA Traffic Maker works for FS2002??Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

>I'm not sure that GA Traffic Maker works for FS2002??>>Hope this helps,>-->Tom Gibson IT may, if the existing file names were changed to: Traffic-GA.bgl Believe thats the name which GA-Traffic uses. The name might have to be changed back after for FS2002,but I'd keep a backup elsewhere just to be on the safe side. Bob