Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Odd AI behavior - plane never turns base

Guest daparker

I created a short VFR AI flightplan (20 nm or so). When the plane didn't show at the designated time, I followed it (using MRAI's traffic board) from its departure. All went well as the plane turned downwind on the VFR approach but for some reason, it never turned base...it just kept chugging along on a real extended downwind. Can anyone help me figure this one out?Doug Parker

Guest MikeS

These puppies are a strange bunch! The fact that it arrived at its destination and then kept on going suggests a few things...1. The fp is ok...2. You were following it from your own plane too closey (sb less than 4-5 mi)...3. The field was IFR and it got a go around from ATC. Anyone who's serious about AI should d/load and install the traffic SDK. The traffic explorer is a must have.Good luck,Mike

Guest MikeS

I should add to this that if a plane is scheduled to do a t& g, where it doesn't land, but immediately departs for the next scheduled leg, somtimes it will get close to the t & g a/p (perhaps the d/wind leg) and then not do the t & g, rather just fly away...Hope this helps,Mike

Guest jlwoodward

I just had this problem with an add-on plane. The cruise speed listed in the aircraft cfg file was much higher than the one used by the flight plan. I suspect that the plane kept on flying straight ahead trying to come up to speed. However, I am not real sure of this as a number of changes were made at the same time, but this is the difference that really stood out.