Sign in to follow this  
GHD

Why can't I see my Project AI traffic?

Guest vectorguy

I have installed many of Project AIs airline and cargo airline files with no problems. For some reason there are a few aircraft that are not appearing. I can see the aircraft in the Aircraft folder in FS9 as ie. PAIF100, but when I go to create a flight and try to view the F100 in the aircraft list it is no where to be found. All the other Project AI aircraft appear in the aircraft list under the manufacturer name Project AI. Ironically some airlines will show only some of there airplanes. When I go to a hub airport I do not see some of the airlines airplanes even though the installer was fine. I am having trouble viewing Fokker 70s+100s and many other types even though I can see the Fokker 50s everywhere which were in the same file. Can someone steer me in the right direction since Project AI won't respond and I have tried editing the config file as well as the Afcad.Thank you for your time, everyone.

Guest dfreed

First of all, most AI aircraft are not designed to be used as user aircraft. Why are you trying to create a flight with an AI aircraft when there are so many excellent user aircraft available?Second, if you cannot find the aircraft on the aircraft menu, it is an issue with your aircraft.cfg, the .air file, or the texture assignment.(As an aside, having AI aircraft on the selection menu severly slows down the program. That is why the premium AI aircraft modelers, like AI Aardvark, generally set the .air file so that the aircraft is not visible.)Third, modifing .cfg, .air, and AFCAD files can cause serious problems with your aircraft unless you know exactly what you're doing. I suspect from your question that you're not entirely clear as to how this all works, so I would recommend that you stop altering those files until you figure out exactly what the problem is.Finally, you probably need to go back to the Project AI forums and ask your question again in the "Help" section. Start by posting the relavent section from the aircraft.cfg file with your question.

Guest MikeS

As Dave pointed out, AI aren't meant to be flown...they're meant to be observed. That's what PAI created them for. Secondly, you need to d/load the AFCAD's they offer, which will provide adequate parking for all those PAI birds. It's a two step process...AI then AFCAD's. Add the AFCAD's and you should see a big difference.Hope this helps,Mikehttp://www.flightontario.com/mikelogo.gif

Guest vectorguy

Thank you both for your help. I am not trying to fly the AI aircraft I am only pointing out that some of the Project AI aircraft appear in the flight simulator list and some do not. I have noticed that the aircraft that do appear are more likely to be seen at the airports. For instance when I went to Copenhagen I noticed that the F50s were all visible while the F70 and F100s were nowhere to be found. I was just wondering if anyone knew what could be done to alleviate this problem. I will review my Afcad files and see if that is the problem.Thank you again.

There is an entry in the .air file which determines whether the aircraft appears in the FS list. If the "Aircraft type" is 0 it will be in the list, if it is 2 it will not.All AI specific aircraft should have this value set to 2, but some of the PAI models do not.This will not affect the appearance of an AI aircraft at an airfield, it depends only on the afcad and flightplans.George