Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

Summer-Winter Flightplans Confusion

Guest scat

Thanks for the help, i know all the steps for installing an AI Flight, I've successfully installed Jet Airways, but i'm unable to install other indian airline carriers. The Flightplans i've downloaded for Jet Airways is Summer'05. And for other Airliners i've Winter'05 plans, so is this the reason for failure of my instalation????

Flight Simulator uses GMT times.In general flight plans are normally written for the Northern hemisphere summer or winter because of Daylight Savings Time.There are of course seasonal flights to certain destinations. The snow ski centers get a lot of flights in winter and few in summer.If you are going to download individual flight plans you will be very lucky to find ALL the airlines with the same season flight plans.Use the latest available.If you see flights arriving / departing one hour early or late from the real world schedule - it will because the flight plan is on the wrong side of the Daylight Savings Time cycle.You may also have an issue with flights due to the half-hour and 45 minute time zone issues.I'm sure you know that FS does not model the 1/2 hour and 3/4 hour offset time zones. That will impact the local time of flights if they were created with the correct offsets in the flight plan.You probably will love the TimeZone 3.0 update by Dennis Thompson - on the various web sites and also available in a very clean install as part of the RealTime program.That will set your timezones correctly.