Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeS

AFCAD ILS Problem!!! Need Help.

My Greetings to all Captains,Well, I've just installed some AFCAD files from AVSIM library but after that I CANNOT properly land the aircraft (not AI aircraft but the one I fly, either default FS2004, PMDG or LDS, doesn't matter)... The problem is that when I am approaching the runway while levelled off at altitudes not greather than 3000-4000 feet I first see the Localizer and when it comes to the glideslope the red GS indicator starts rapidly going down and does not react to the autopilot (particularly, APP button) commands. But I don't have any problems with PAI's AFCADs.On the other hand, I use FS Navigator and on default (FS2004) airports I can see the ILS beam (two yellow lines starting from the runway end) is longer than that of the AFCAD airport (just small yellow filled triangles). What is wrong? Is it ok?I'd appreciate if somebody could answer my questions. Thanks.Rustam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can't answer your questions, but I will say that personally, I tend to stay away from AFCAD's from the general public. You don't always know what your getting. PAI, and other AI sites, are the only place I'll download AFCAD's, when I d/l them. I usually do my own. Then I have no one else to blame if it doesn't work right! lolMikehttp://www.flightontario.com/images/sig_mstanton.gifSecond place=1st loser. Play to win!