Sign in to follow this  
Guest jlwoodward

Aircraft model for AI

I am having a strange little problem. I am making a new AI floatplane by converting an existing FSDS2 model to several LOD models. Done this before. Then I took a known seaplane base, a known flight plan, and used a known aircraft cfg file. On the existing plane, it will taxi out and do touch and goes all day. However, with the new airplane, it takes off and keeps on climbing until it is out of sight.This is leading me to think that something in the model is causing the problem. That doesn't make sense. It seems like the cfg and air file should control the airplane, and the model would have nothing to do with it. It could be nothing more than a box.Has my reasoning gone astray? I am about to start going through every part in the model to see if there is anything abnormal.Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I should also have said that when I borrowed the air files from another plane, I went in and changed all the names to match the new plane.

Hi,This has to do with the air file, and nothing else. Remove ALL air files from that folder except the one you want it to use (from the plane that flies OK). Then if it loads and flies, it should behave the same. If it doesn't show up, you have made a typing error.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Many thanks Tom. By the time I got to your second sentence the lights came on. I switched a cfg file but mixed up the air file with another plane. Works great now.