Sign in to follow this  
Guest abulaafia

not much flying AI in Japan

I have installed all the PAI and WoAI packages for all airlines available including Japanese domestic airlines, but I hardly see any flying traffic over Japenese airspace. Got all the AFCADs I could find, and there is plenty of aircraft standing around, but none flying --- or almost none. AI traffic is fine anywhere else in the world. Any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The two PAI packages for ANA and JAL have Summer 2003 flightplans - though the JAL do have some Winter 2003-2004 additions.That was before the major consolidation of Japanese domestic traffic.Air Nippon, A-net (Air Nippon Network), Air Next, Air Japan, Air Central (formerly Nakanihon Airline Service - NAL), Air Hokkaido are all not part of the ANA package - though some recent schedules include them. Such as Carl Edwards Winter 05-06 schedules here on Avsim - all_nippon_airways-ana-japan-wi05-06_fp.zipJapan Airlines has also absorbed / rebranded several of the other domestic airlines. Again - you need the most recent schedules available - jal_winter2005.zip by Vittori TeneriniThere is a Japan Air Commuter Summer 06 schedule by Przemyslaw Sokolowski - ps_jac_su06.zipHe has also done Japan TransOcean Air - Spring 06 schedule - jta_su06.zipThere are Summer 2006 schedules for Skymark Airlines; Skynet Asia Airways and Starflyer by Jimmy Lam - skymark_airlines-sky-japan_su06.zip - skynet_asia_airways-snj-japan_su06_fp.zip - starflyer-sfj-japan_su06_fp.zipI have not tested / verified that these schedules work - just found them in a search.Personally I use the older - but excellent schedules by Boris - though his latest are Summer 2005 - he's taken up repainting AI aircraft recently.http://www.boris-repaints.com/paxsu05.htm