Sign in to follow this  

What should I do now?

Hi everyone, I seem to be kinda stuck here. I'm 16 years old, and take flight lessons with plans to be an airline pilot. I regularly fly FS2002, and I have a lot of great add-ons for it like the PSS Bus, 767 PIC, DF 737 and the PSS 747 and 777. My interest seems to be waning a little bit though. I'm not sure where it's coming from. I still definitely want to be a pilot, and I'm trying to get back into FS. I use FS2002 with a real nice system so frames aren't problem. Maybe I need to buy something new for FS, or maybe the problem isn't coming from FS interest, but from somewhere else....I don't know...I would appreciate any suggestionsTim

I have the same problem. I starting to get bored of flying around pointlessly so what I plan on doing is to join a virtual airline. It will give me something different to do and flying on VATSIM will be a whole new experience. I would never consider quitting the FS world so I have to find something to get me back into spending hours in front of the screen. :-)Just my suggestion off course.Take careMike

Timmy Check out VATSIM and also have a look at this site http://www.hawarden.org.uk/ where you can learn and practice a lot of what you will need to know for VATSIM. David

Being 16 year old I suggest you occupy your mind not only with flying but how about some physics, math, geography, etc - maybe grab some books, it will all make you a better pilot if this is really what you want to do in the future. Or how about getting some professional book and learning in-depth aircraft systems of some jet transport.Michael J.

Me too. I am working on my ppl right now (not as much as I would like to) and I was also feeling a little bored with FS2002. I decided to concentrate on other aspects of flying in the sim. Not sure how you fly, but maybe you an change some things up. Some stuff that comes to mind:-Do you fly jets all the time? maybe think about some GA planes like the FSD Cheyenne, Falcon50 or the Dreamfleet Archer.-As mentioned, join Vatsim and fly real world flight plans. Just planning a flight can be a whole new interest and learning experience.-Get more in depth on your planes. Learn the systems, use the checklists for all phases of flight, start using failures (maybe try FSMaintenance).-Try doing some short haul commuter flights in smaller planes. I was working in the Florida Keys recently, and my travels to/from there inspired me to fly from short haul flights with ATR's, the DASH 8, B1900D etc. Maybe go to some tropial islands, or try mountain flying.-try to increase your control over the airplane. turn off the autopilot, fly by hand,try to maintain speed & altitude to better tolerances, make every approach perfect, learn holding procedures.-try another flight sim, learn ifr procedures, or maybe design a plane.Just throwing some things out that have come to my mind. The great thing about FS2002 and flightsimming in general is there are many ways to approach flying, and there are many aspects of flying that can be enjoying. There is a lot to learn about aviation, find a way to switch it up. Hope this helps...-------------Holding Short