Sign in to follow this  
Guest retxed1

AI pushback right or left?

HiSome of my AI do a 270 degree turn after pushback which looks rather stupid. Is it possible to set the direction an AI aircraft turns after pushback from a gate. Also what determines the distance the aircraft travels before it turns. I also have a problem with AI that departs at approximately the same time running through each other. IE one pushing back and another on the adjoining taxiway.Keith

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1. The direction of pushback:There is a property for parking spots in FS2004 for pushback - valid values are BOTH, LEFT, RIGHT, NONE. So far no one has found modifying those values to have any impact on aircraft behavior in FS2004.Those values also exist in the beta/demo for FSX according to the SDK - however no one has yet modified an airport to test.Something which seems to help sometimes is to have the link line coming out of the parking spot slightly off center in the direction the aircraft needs to turn.2. Pushback through other aircraft:In FS2004 when an aircraft is in the pushback phase - it is part of the parked phase of flight - the other AI aircraft do not see it or other parked aircraft.The pushback distance is partially set by the model radius - I've never seen a documented, repeatable demonstration of being able to control the pushback to less than that distance. Another impact on the pushback distance is the node closest to the place the aircraft is located after going back one aircraft radius value.Too close and it has no impact because the aircraft is past that node, too far and it has no impact because the aircraft is not influenced by the node location.That is something which has to be exerimented with in each parking spot to find an optimal setting.And of course no one has made any tests on controlling this behavior in FSX.

Thanks for the advice, sorry I have'nt replied before now, I've been on Holiday.Cheers Keith D.