Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeS

Multiple traffic BGL files...

Hello (again),I'm using multiple traffic BGL files, one per airline actually, like traffic_klm.bgl, traffic_air france.bgl, etc., but I was wandering if it isn't better to have only one complete traffic file in FS9 because every bgl file has it's own airport data stored inside if I am not wrong.So, does anyone know of this is influencing the performance of FS negatively?thanks, Bastiaan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hello (again),>>I'm using multiple traffic BGL files, one per airline>actually, like >traffic_klm.bgl, traffic_air france.bgl, etc., but I was>wandering if it isn't better to have only one complete traffic>file in FS9 because every bgl file has it's own airport data>stored inside if I am not wrong.>>So, does anyone know of this is influencing the performance of>FS negatively?>>thanks, Bastiaan I suspect that any performance degradation would be minimal given all the other"wild goose chases" that FS9 and FSX go off on, looking for files that don't exist or shouldn't exist. I have 8-10 traffic BGL's in FS9 and FSX. It's the actual volume of the traffic that affects the performance it seems. A possible way to gain some improvement might be to have the traffic files setup up by broad region and swap them in and out, depending on where you are going to fly during the session. Paul

Personally, I like using seperate bgl's, it makes editing the fp's easier. There should be no affect on performance because of the way AI works in FS.Mikewww.aimadeeasy.comwww.flightontario.comI'm confused. Wait...maybe I'm not!