Sign in to follow this  
Guest KD Larsen

2 questions about AI traffic

Hi all, 2 quick questions about AI traffic.1) How come even at quiet airports, aircraft just appear at the gate rather than arrive (land) in the usual way? This seems to be for certain aircraft only. For example, I have never had a Virgin A340-600 actually land at EGLL or any other airport. They just appear at the gate - even if there was a gate for it to taxi to after arrival. Is there a setting I need to adjust?2) If I go to certain times during the day (usually around 03:00), about 30 AI aircraft are all in the air very close together. Has anybody else experienced this and knows how to correct it?Apologies if these questions have been covered before.Cheers,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Both of these things can be seen occasionally - I call them FS bugs. It does depend somewhat on the coding of the flights (i.e. are the flights all scheduled to arrive at the same time?, etc.) and the AFCAD for the airport (if there are enough parking spots big enough to take the A340 with the correct airline code, for example).Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

1) There may be several different reasons. First of all, the flightplans for the A346's may have what is called 'departure before arrival' errors, where the AI aircraft is scheduled to depart on the next flight before it has finished its last one. It can also be caused by too heavy AI traffic/poor AFCAD design. If the AI aircraft can't land by its 3rd attempt (I believe) and is forced to go around, it will simply poof and then spawn at the gate.2) This is an effect known as AI flocking, and I think it has been tied to the use of @-symbol in flightplans. There's no remedy for it, other than waiting 10-15 minutes to let the AI ATC catch up with all the flights.