Sign in to follow this  
doylebob

AI help (FS9) please

Hi and Happy New Year to all,This is my first post in this forum. While I'm a "regular" in the flight planning forum, I'm a bit of a rookie in the AI traffic world. I've searched the forum for anything on this but came up with nothing.My problem is as follows - My aircraft land, park and take off (apparently) normally. Then after 15 minutes they magically re-appear at the gate and taxi out and takeoff again. Another puzzling aspect is that it only happens to aircraft on long haul routes, but not every single one. My short haul flights all seem fine. Help me please, I'm pulling my hair out!I would sincerely appreciate if anyone could offer me some guidance on this.Thank you in advance,Bob. ;(

Hi,It is probably a timing issue. What speeds do you have listed in the TTools aircraft.txt file for these aircraft? Do you use the @ symbol in the flight plans to force the arrival times?--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Hi Tom,Thank you for your response. 1) The speeds entered in my aircraft.txt file varies by aircraft type but matches the aircraft.cfg for each aircraft. Some examplesAC#120,494,"TFS A332 EIN-DUO"AC#130,494,"TFS A333 EIN-DUB"AC#140,482,"AIA B762 ACA"AC#150,482,"AIA B763 AAL"AC#180,494,"TFS B772 AAL"AC#200,482,"FSP A300F ABR"AC#210,477,"AIA B744F SQC"2) No, I am not using the @ symbol to force arrival times. I'm calculating departure times to arrive at the compiled arrival time. Should I try using the @ symbol?One other thing to noteThis entry works fineAC#120,EI-DUO,25%,24Hr,IFR,09:41:29,18:52:44,360,F,0147,KSFO,23:20:59,08:32:14,350,F,0146,EIDWwhereas this one repeats the departureAC#121,EI-DAA,25%,24Hr,IFR,00:40:57,10:01:00,350,F,0144,EIDW,11:12:22,20:32:35,360,F,0145,KLAXI appreciate any advice you might be able to offer.Thank you,Bob.

Hi Tom,Again, thank you for your response.I've tried a couple of things since your first response and I now fear that there is something more serious amiss.I went through all my AI related files and indeed did find, and corrected, a couple of errors. Hoping this would correct the problem I restarted and checked, but to no avail. I then replaced all my longhaul ai aircraft in the flightplan file with the default MSFS B773 making any necessary adjustments to timings, etc. Again checked, but the problem remained exactly as was. The flights that were previously fine worked fine, with the same flights repeating the departure! Exasperated at this stage, I thought I must have a corrupt file somewhere. So I decided to go back and start from the beginning. I downloaded TTOOLS again and deleted the old one, I printed and then deleted all my traffic.bgl files. Starting with the original Traffic030528.bgl as my source, I rebuilt my traffic files, carefully typing and checking as I went. Confident that this would resolve the problem, I was devestated to discover yesterday that the problem still exists exactly as before. Same flights work, same flights don't. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!Do you have any thoughts as to what I should try next? The only thing I can think of is uninstalling and reinstalling FS9 (which is a real pain with all the addons, etc.). Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.Thanks for your helpBob (Very tired and weary!)

Hi,Thanks for your help Tom. To address the offending flights, I have made a compromise by routing them to their destination via EINN. (Is it possible this is an Open Skies treaty issue?????) I have no idea whether they are departing EINN ok or not, but they are departing EIDW fine. Also, while there is no apparent fix, I'm just wondering if anyone has ever seen this problem before.Bob.

Guest Col7777
Hi,Thanks for your help Tom. To address the offending flights, I have made a compromise by routing them to their destination via EINN. (Is it possible this is an Open Skies treaty issue?????) I have no idea whether they are departing EINN ok or not, but they are departing EIDW fine. Also, while there is no apparent fix, I'm just wondering if anyone has ever seen this problem before.Bob.
Bob,It could be the parking space at EINN is nowhere near ar much as it is at EIDW, there may be no room for them at EINN.