Sign in to follow this  

FLY2 DC-10?

sorry if im out of the loop on this one, but i was wondering when the release of the DC-10 is expected? Thomas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Thomas,Sorry for the delay, I thought Matt would have replied by now. He must not be visiting the forums right now and concentrating on finishing the Project DC-10-30. Last I heard from him, he was busy re-doing the engine files and trimiming out the flight model. The initial batch of liveries have been delivered to him for inclusion in the beta program but I don't have any idea as to when this will start.Thanks to everyone who has shown interest in the project. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer.PeteProject DC-10-30 Painter

Hi Pete,This sounds like very good news. I can't believe how many aircraft you have painted already during the last few months. So, it seems we will see quite a few more soon. Thanks for your beautiful work.Best regards,Henri

Hi Thomas (and everyone else :-))We don't have a release date for the DC10, as the schedule changes depending upon how busy the team memebers are.At the moment, we are expecting it to take a little longer than we originally anticipated, this is primarily due to our Graphic Artist (John Wimbush) being very busy with work (real life work :-)) at the moment. We are also waiting for Fly!II for the Mac to become updated to version 230 (thanks VERY much to Rich for taking his time to do this), as John is Mac based, and at the moment is unable to work on the project because the DC10 contains many custom gauges, which due to a bug in the sdk don't get drawn properly on the Mac.Despite these setbacks we DEFINITELY want to complete the DC10, as we all feel we have invested far too much time to let the project go to waste. :-) We will release it eventually.Thanks very much for the interest, hopefully it won't be too much longer.Cheers,Matthew.