Sign in to follow this  

Socata, Flyhawk, and flight modeliing

Ok, first:I downloaded the Socata.... two words:Holy Carp!(And I mean that in a good way)What a magnificent piece of engineering! Thanks ROTW! The views are just great and immersive. I thought I'd mind the glare shield but I don't...Now on to the meat of my discussion. The Socata flies like a dream - it feels very natural, and aside from some minor joystick calibration issues, and perhaps too sensitive elevator trim, it just feels perfect...The Flyhawk, however, is another story. This is the only plane I've flown in the real world, and it feels a bit "off" - specifically in its willingness to simply roll right over! I know turbulence has some effect on this - heck, I've fought a bit myself - but once the Flyhawk gets rolling it just wants to flop right into a dive.It's also really tough to control altitude. I use my "lack of feeling sensory input so autopilot is ok" rule here!Have there been updated "air" type files to address this? I'd search the library but I don't know what to search for.Naturally I'd be interested in flight modeling updates for any of the other aircraft too.Andrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Andrew,Actually, the Flyhawk is one that has been fixed pretty well. Do a search for Flyhawk in the library or do an advanced search for author name: Rob Young.I believe that you will find a couple of flight modeling fixes by Rob for the Flyhawk. Also, be sure to go to each aircraft and check the Options. Trim Steps should be set to 1 Step - Exponentials need to be set to 100%. This needs to be done for every TRI aircraft, or they will not handle properly.

Ah! Rob Young. That guy is all over the place.Good info on the trim, too, I was wondering what was going on there...Thanks again,Andrew>Andrew, >>Actually, the Flyhawk is one that has been fixed pretty >well. Do a search for Flyhawk in the library or do an >advanced search for author name: Rob Young. >>I believe that you will find a couple of flight modeling >fixes by Rob for the Flyhawk. Also, be sure to go to each >aircraft and check the Options. Trim Steps should be set to >1 Step - Exponentials need to be set to 100%. This needs to >be done for every TRI aircraft, or they will not handle >properly.