Sign in to follow this  

TBM700 in sweden (pics)

F-GTMJ on a visit to sweden, shown here on a downwind leg for ILS 29L at ESTL, ljungbyhed. Ljungbyhed was the swedish military aviation acamemy's base until the late nineties. It is now used by Lund Univercity School of Aviation, of which I am a student.We normally fly PA-31s but the socata is to good not to fly!Just thought I'd share.....:-shy The airport is a work in progress. Will upload when done if anyone is interested.cheersAndy

Nice pictures, Andy. Any addition to Fly! II is more than welcome, so by all means, upload when it's ready.Pete

Nice pics, good news Andy!Please upload Ljungbyhed - my ESMH isn't in the database and I do want to fly in my home area. Do you know if anyone is doing ESMS?RegardsTommyEdit:PS/we might share the same flight instructor H Frantzen ? :-)

Hi Tommy!Actually...I DO have "Frasse" as my Flight instructor!:-lol What are the odds...Are you schooling for PPL? Its been a while since i was at ESMH, I'll have to come visit you.I just started modelling scenery so I'm kind of a :-newbie, but if I get better at it I might give ESMS a go. It will probably be a lot of work with custom buildings with its all yellow exterior. But hey, I'ts a challenge.See you in the skies, I'll be UNY201 and you'll be SE-KIU (if i'm not mistaken)!cheersAndyPS. Please forgive the lights on the short runways, and its taxiways. They aren't supposted to be there, just haven't had time to figure out how to get rid of them.DS

Hey Tommy!Look what I found among my photos. Taken last summer.K

OOOPS! Forgot the picture...here it comes.Andy

Guest Roy

>Please forgive the lights on the short runways, and its taxiways.If you're using the taxiway-editor, just right-click on the part you want to darken, and uncheck the "Light"-box. That should take care of any unwanted lights on taxiways. :-)Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

Thanks Roy! Will do.cheersAndy

You bet I do Andy,I can almost see my house :-)What a/c is that - don't recall I've seen that at ESMH?Yes I'm "working on my PPL" and Frasse is one of the great instructors at Northwestern Scania Flying Club (NSF) - actuallly our school head master. It's KIU alright - KVT just got sold but the Archer is a treat so I don't complain :-)Please do visit - in June we start to serve grilled heerings etc on tuesday evenings to visiting aviation friends !!http://www.pilots.nu/index-se.htmlKind RegardsTommy