Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

PNE scenery

Ive done a search for the scenery addon for Philadelphia Greater NorthEast. Can anyone point me to this file?T.HarveyWhy Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.30Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 23.11ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ AUDIO/ATX MB, DDR 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB 4X-AGP

Yes actually I think this is it. How ever I have the same file. The problem is there are no instructions as to where to put it at.So I tried three different locations and neither of them worked. Here are the three directories I tried to put them in, maybe they go somewhere else? D:Program FilesTerminal RealityFly! IIdataD202158D202158D:Program FilesTerminal RealityFly! IIdataD202158D:Program FilesTerminal RealityFly! IIsceneryD202159When I extracted them I had the box checked to use folders as most of these types of installs tell you to do. So the number extensions are default. I didnt type them in myself.Who made these? Or what page on Avsim are they located? TonyWhy Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.30Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 23.11ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ AUDIO/ATX MB, DDR 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB 4X-AGP

Randall, I was working on another post earlier today but had some troubles with ISP.. Now that Im back online I will try this again. I cant get this scenery to work. Any ideas? TonyWhy Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.30Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 23.11ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ AUDIO/ATX MB, DDR 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB 4X-AGP

Tony,It's true that the author included no instructions, but the scenery works fine. The folder is D202159 and contains two scenery data files, PNE1.S10 and PNE2.S10.If you already had such a folder in your Data directory, then you would just add the 2 files to it. If the folder didn't exist, you would then copy or move the folder and its contents into the Data directory.When I first tried the scenery and teleported in, I happened to be looking forward - it appeared for a moment that there was nothing there. I went to an outside view and panned to the rear to see that the scenery was somewhat behind me. After slewing closer to the scenery objects I snapped these shots - as you can see, it's a nice little airport:

Randall Rocke

Randall Thanks, That was the info I was lookin for. When I unzipped this the first time it put it in the scenery directory. Not by my choice though. I had this installed about a year ago and enjoyed having it then. Since that time I've rebuilt a new system and added another hard drive. So I lost alot of the earlier files that I had. I know that you are busy monitoring this forum. I appreciate you taking the time to help out with this. TonyWhy Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.30Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 23.11ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ AUDIO/ATX MB, DDR 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB 4X-AGP

OK Tony,A little trick I use:When you double-click a zip file Winzip should open a window showing all the zipped files. This allows you to see what's inside before extracting and that can be very helpful.While this preview window is open, you can double-click any text files, and they will open in Notepad without unzipping. This is great, as it allows you to read the Readme files that usually accompany the downloads and find out the author's preferred installation sequence. There are times that it's better to unzip to a temp directory, then place the contents manually.

Randall Rocke