Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

cannes airport

HelloThis weekend I implemented the french airports in my Fly2.Those french guys made very nice airports.Thanks for that.Only Cannes gives a problem.The light grey parts of the platform and the black tarmac roadsbehind the buildings are not constant visible.The are just flickering (partly).I enclose a picture of the event.Is there anyone ( maybe one of the ROTW group ) who knows the solutionfor this problem.GreetingsLeen de JagerEHRD

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have the same problem at all the french airports with "paint on the tarmac"... Any solutions??cheers

HI TomI like the way you put it.>"paint on the tarmac"... There is an airport with the Olimpic rings an there is an airportwith huge lampposts wich give highlighted spots on the tarmac.(night)All these scenerys give the same problem.Tarmac roads behind the buildings are not constant visible , they are not painted over the tarmac of the platforms but give the same problems.I think we need some HELP from France do`nt you.Those men from ROTW do a great job, there is no doubt about that.I hope they don`t think we are just complaining.For me , I am gratefull and like these scenerys anyhow.Chapeau for the makers.CheersLeen de JageEHRD:-beerchug

Hi,Ok we found the solution. We need to change the folowing flag to the value above ---- gestalt flags ----2162949This is No-Zbuffer value. If you are in a hurry, try this value for LFMDTG23.bin or LFMDTango1.bin in LFMD.S10 and look for a nice result.New files comming soonDidierROTW team

Hello DidierThanks for your reaction.I think I can`t change the values as you say.Just because I have no idea how to do it.Looking forward to NEW FILES for the airports with this problem.Merci beaucoupLeen de JagerEHRD

Bonjour Didier (encore)I could not resist the temptation and I gave it a try.Did this never before but there must be a first time is`nt it?Changing the things you suggested worked well.The swimmingpool(?),you call it bassin is fixed to.I found the parts to fix the heliports as well.The changed file is placed in a Data-map within FLY2DATAWich files do I have to change to correct the parking-place and thesecond(smaller)platform.When I am able to do this,Cannes will be 100%perfect.Have a look at the results so far.Greetings Leen de JagerEHRD

Bonsoir Leen,Very easy isn'it ?You don't know which file to change, me also as I'm not the author of the scene !! But I'll give the way I use to find these files (it's the way I really use).Go to LFMD and open Fly editor with CTRL-E. Click on the object which you want to know the name. Then click on the button '?' and you will see the name of the file (day and night).I found this files :LFMDTG23.BIN LFMDTANGO1.BINLFMDROUTE.BIN (road)LFMDPK.BINLFMDLIMA1.BINLFMDLIMA2.BINMay be I forgot som of them !And.. you have to POD them again...RegardsDidierROTW team

Bonjour Didier.Merci,merci.I did`nt know about ctrl-e.Now I repaired the problems with platforms and carpark at Cannes.Fixed the lights at night at Auxerre.And there are no more flickering Olympic rings at Chambery anymore.Merci beaucoup pour votre aide fantastique.ByeLeen de JagerEHRDbtw A can`t reach the french FLY site last day athttp://simvol.org/fly/?t_tele2.htmDo you know why??:-beerchug

Leen, just wanted to know if you had sent me all the files to correct the entire aiport??IF not could you send the new pod, I didn't have time to give them a try, but I hope to have time this weekend...Cheers and thanks for your work

Hi TomJust unzip the zipfile.Now you have three folders.Place this three Doo* folders IN YOUR FLY2 DATA FOLDER.In each folder is just one file.Each of them repairs ONE AIRPORT.I extracted them from pod-files.There is no need podding them again.They will do their trick in the DATA-folder and be changed any momentwe like.So this single zip-file contains a repairset for three airports.Chambery,Cannes ans AuxerresIt works great.GreetzLeen de JagerEHRD