Sign in to follow this  

Old File Does Not Exist - Patch Install?

When installing the upgrade to 210 patch from a fresh cd install, I get "not Old File" error when I select the new FLY.EXE file as part of the patch process. Any suggestions?I had removed FLY several months ago.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

See the message "FIRST TIME FLY!ERS - PLEASE READ" at the top of this forum. In particular the bit about muting the MIDI input channel on your volume control while installing the patches.Sounds bizarre, but it worked for me.Eddie

Tried the MIDI mute but to no avail. Removed all references to Terminal Reality in the Registry. Reloaded FLY! several times. Tried moving to to a FLY! folder at root level. Always told when selecting the fly.exe file that the old file does not exist.Windows XPDick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

THE ABOVED MENTIONED WORKS , MUTE SOUND FOR SURE!!!!!!!!BUT I HAVE FOUND OUT THAT IF YOU INSTALL FLY! II CDAGAIN . TRY DOWNLOADING THE AVSIM FILE PATCH AS WELL . UNSIP IT IN YOUR FLY ROOT FOLDER:C:PROGRAM FILESTERMINALREALITYFLY! II UNZIP IT THERE AND INSTALL.I HAVE REINSTALLED FLY MANY TIMES AND GOT THESAME THING AS YOU! BEFORE DOING ANY REINSTALLING, DEFRAGMENT THE HARD DRIVE THIS SAVES YOU A LOT OF SPACES ON YOUR DRIVE AND MAKES IT FASTERTHEN REINSTALL FLY , DOWNLOAD THE PATCH 152-210.ZIPTHIS I KNOW HAS SOLVED MY PROBLEM WITH ITHOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU JEFF AKINS:-wave