Sign in to follow this  

PLEASE HELP! Fly!2K on Windoze 2000

Hey there - I just migrated to Windows 2000 and installed Fly!, patched it on up to 1.0.1.88 (SDK) and installed TS2.1, knocked out some SUPER-FINE looking scenery for Northern California (which looks just swell from within Flyedit1.06b4) - basically the identical setup I had running on a Windows 98 machine - but Fly! won't start... All I can think is that it's the OS - I get this message at the startup that reads:An internal error has occcured[show details]Stream corrupt. Cannot process next tag line (File).File: c:flightflightcorestreamio.cppLine: 821I'm baffled. Any clues, anyone?BillyI Wish RL Had a Slew Key

Billy,It's been a long time since I've seen that one, and I can't recall how I resolved it.I'm not certain, but it may be connected to your video driver. When you changed over to 2000, did you get the latest 2000 driver for your card?

Randall Rocke

Hi thereNot sure - I believe so, but I'll check that out on Monday when I comeback to work. (The OS change was handled by someone else, only a couple of weeks ago - I am only trusted to play with the software ;-) )One reason for trying the thing out on a 2000 setup is that on the old win98 setup, with a couple of years of driver collections (a horrible nest of files over files that I can't see a clear way to clean out!), Fly! had developed a hideous fish-eyed lense appearance that we can't seem to get rid of. I might post about that next, unless you've heard of that one too. I hoped that a clean OS and 'only' new video drivers would get around that... Of course the simple fixes never work.Thanks for the feedback. If you're interested I'll let you know how I get on.BillyI Wish RL Had a Slew Key

Billy,Here are some things to try:1. Delete Default.key file (System folder) Fly! should create a new one - if you are successful, don't forget to reset your key and button assigns.2. Delete the Fly.ini, Render.ini and User.rio - again, Fly! will recreate them and you will need to reset any special parameters if successful.3. Delete *.HST files in the Aircraft folder. New ones will be created on startup. If this works you'll need to reset your aircraft options4. You may have a corrupt camera.sav file. One of us could send you our copy5. Besides checking your video drivers, is DirectX up-to-date in the computer?

Randall Rocke

Guest Colins2

Billy,The 'next tag line' error comes up when Fly! (or Fly!2) tries to read a text configuration file, for example a *.trn file that is created when slicing scenery.It would also be caused, as Randall said, by a corrupt *.ini file.What have you changed/edited recently?Colin

Hi ColinWell, the whole thing was 'newly installed' - so install, patch to most current, and then used TS2.1 to make a big piece of scenery for the northern California coast (manually sliced with FlyEdit1.06b4)... So all of it was 'changed' recently. This morning I'm going to work through some of the tips I've had so far, and I'll get back to y'all. Hopefully I'll get lucky with the *.ini idea, as that seems the simplest to fix!!Thanks for your help.BillyI Wish RL Had a Slew Key

Hi again. Thanks for the ideas. I'm going to bang away at them this morning. I'll let you know how I get on. Currently have the computer on DirectX8.0, which should do for Fly!2K, but as a last resort I'll go to 8.1 or whatever it's up to now (but I'll do that last, as with my luck it'll impact on 3 other programs that prefer 8.0).BillyI Wish My Shoes Had a Slew Key

Hey thanks for all the advice and tips. I tried everything, from deleting all the .ini .key .etc files, to redoing the video drivers and update to DX8.1.something - and NONE of it worked. As I was watching it fail I noticed that it was always hanging on the _same_ part of the start-up sequence, when it is cycling through the various aircraft as it presumably loads them up. Always hanging on the King Air - so I crudely deleted that pod from the aircraft folder and vio la - all fixed. I didn't want that plane anyways ;-)Thanks for the helpBilly