Sign in to follow this  

How do I eliminate bleedthrough in patch 230?

The patch that updates fly2 from build 210 to build 230 corrects many small problems, but seems to create a new one - "bleeding" of model textures, for example, aircraft wheels through the body when gear is "up". This problem occurs with both aircraft and some scenery models.Has anybody had the same problem and worked out how to solve it? Is there a setting in fly.ins for example?Thanks for any helpBen

G'day Ben,It's been several months now since the release of patch 230 and this is the first time I've seen any post about bleeding.I doubt the patch is the problem but rather your video card/driver/DX8.Could you please post more info about your computer setup and if possible post a screenshot showing the bleeding problem.cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hello Ben,I have been expiriencing the same problem on my machine( Windows 2000)since I installed 230 ...nothing else has changed ... I had no bleeding problems prior to that ! I tried posting a problem in theDeveloper's forum a while back ... but did not get a response nor asolution.I doubt that it's a video card thing... I have read about a similarsituation when someone has been developing a model ... somethingto do with the "black" color ... I have not found an entry in thefly.ini ... maybe a new entry in required .I am definitely interested in a solution to this ( since a newpatch may be in the works ... I have kept quiet about this problem,since it does not kill the program ....)Regards!Spellbinder

HiI think I saw your post. I agree with you - the problem may be related to the video card or system setup, to the extent that not everybody seems to be experiencing it, but it didn't occur prior to patch 230, so there is obviously something that is changed by the patch.My guess is it has something to do with the depth sorting of surfaces (the Z-buffer or whatever). Maybe the new patch is trying to get some extra FPS by reducing the amount of depth sorting the graphics processer has to do.I can reduce the problem by telling Fly2 I have Direct X 8 T&L (whatever that stands for), instead of plain old DX8, but it still only helps for some models and camera distances.Ben

Ben,I also have this problem sometimes. I am running an NVidia GeForce 2 Ti 64Mb card and DX8 T&L.It would help the developers, I'm sure, if you posted the details of your video card, too.