Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Trees and Terramodels.....I don't have a green thumb.

G'day all,I'm having no luck planting trees using terramodels.I select the tree icon.then define the area with a polygonCheck the type of tree I want ( plains )Then click "generate". The message "object generated" flashes up in a window.I then click "place" and the message "project saved" flashes up BUT:on running Fly! II I have no trees.The project file has a rectangle saved for the area I want the trees.I have the same problem with trying to build a housing estate as well.Hangars, airport signs and car parks are a breeze and I've seen such good wraps for Terramodels that it is almost certainly finger problems at my end so if anyone could please advise me what I'm doing wrong and set me on the right path?Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hi RogerAfter defining the area were you want to plant trees, you must click inside that area to actualy plant the trees. Each click is one tree. (No clicks is no trees)Hope that makes senseKind regardsAlfred

G'day Alfred, Mate your answer makes a lot of sense: no wonder I wasn't getting any trees. Thanks for setting me straight.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Roy

RogerYou know, it's just like in real life.First you measure up the field,then you have to get your hands dirty and do some planting. :-lol :-lol :-lolRoy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

G'day Roy,Thanks mate; haven't laughed so much for ages. :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol Now what I need to know is how do I grow a grass area as a background for the airport? And I mean the grass cows eat not the weed stuff!! :-)I've tried Elrond's ground transformer and that didn't work.Is the background image in terramodels for this purpose?Cheers,Roger @YSSY