Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben_

Well, I finally have my computer back

..... with a newly reformatted C:drive, a new MB and a new GEForce 2 Ti 64 mg video card. Of course, now comes the tedious task of reinstalling all my software. Thankfully I have most of my Fly!2 downloads stored on my D: drive (which was not reformatted) so I should have most of what I need.But please refresh my memory as to what order I should reinstall the updates/patches and such. The computer is currently running DX7.0 and I recall I'll have to upgrade to DX8 at least -- should I bite the bullet and install DX8.1?? I have the individual TRI patches (as opposed to one, all-inclusive patch), the video updates, and the global update.Gosh, then I need to get my ISP software reinstalled and that computer back online. (Hmmm, maybe this new MB and a fresh reformat will have solved my slow modem problem. :-hmmm ) I guess I have my work cut out for me this weekend. I'm thinking I should go get a four pack of wine coolers! :-beerchug -Lindy :-spacecraft

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Lindy,I would definitely go with DX8.1 - and, if you can download the all-in-one patch to update to v210, it really speeds up the process. If your system has problems with it, then start clean and do the 4-step sequence.

Good luck Lindy.I would go immediately to the post anchored at the top of this forum:"FIRST TIME FLY!ERS - PLEASE READ"Ken Salter has succinctly given step by step guide that you will easily be able to follow in the correct sequence to install Fly!2. I know from personal experience. :-) Ben