Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gregg580

Self changing cockpit views ok now.

Guest Gregg580

Got another joystick. A Logitech Wingman3d with twist rudder. It was either my few year old ms precision pro, or the 15 pin input on the sound card, or something that ties it all togeather. This one has a USB input, and seems to work well. No views changing on their own.Thanks for the ears!!! Time to get some flight time in finaly.

G'day Gregg,Definitely the MS Precision Pro joystick. This was a common fault in the early days of Fly!II. From memory I believe that a fix was eventually found but can't remember what it was. The only reason I remembered at all was because I gave up in disgust with the Ms joystick and went out and bought a thrustmaster to replace it.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Gregg580

Hey Rodger..., Yep...I know some patch or some tweek seemed to fix the problem before, but it ended up easier to get the new stick, which seems pretty nice!!! Soo much to reinstal and tweek, even if you save everything, after a system flush. And here is another funny lesson learned. I thought I had my terrascened all of New Jersey, Delaware, some PA, and some NY achived on cdrs...........well they are what I did for FlyI. I never backed up FlyII's. The new rig is cruching them out now. What an idiot!!!! Thanks for listening........and as always.......

Guest Lindy

Boy, Gregg...I thought I was the only one who pulled stunts like that (not backing up something important to me)!! :-lol But I'm glad you managed to find a stick that works for you. I too seem to have solved my joystick woes as well. I never knew what caused it, but my joystick assignments wouldn't "stick" between flight sessions. Every time I started up Fly!2, I had to re-assign all the buttons and axes....what a pain! :-erksNow, after a reformat and fresh reinstall, I've got the buttons re-assigned and it's all staying put! :-jumpyFly High and Far... and safe. :-rotor-Lindy :-spacecraft

Guest Gregg580

Since I'm doing the terrascenes over, I stopped and started again!!! I used the texture enhancer ,also by Todd, to saturate the generic scenery .pod before setting up TS2.1. This should give me a more vibrant/colorful terrascene also. I used 45% increase, like before, which made the generic much better, IMHO. Did not want to do redo my 2.5 states worth of scenery before....but now I have no choice. So...... I guess it's a bright side.