Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

FLYEDIT.EXE

Gentlemen and Ladies:My FLY!II has been working very well for a long, long time.However, I am trying to install Grand Canyon TerraScene Creationby David Kohl and I find that I now need a file FLYEDIT.EXEwhich I didnt need until now.Can anyone tell me where I can find this file?Thank youGoodyGoodacre@mwaz.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Goody,Have you downloaded Terrascene 2.1? Is your Fly!II patched up to version 230? In order to create the scenery from David's files you will need to load his files into the proper Terrascene directories and render the scenery with the Terrascene program.Once Terrascene has rendered the images, it will automatically start the Fly!II Slicer which is called fly2slice.exe - this program is added to your Fly!II root directory when you upgrade to the beta Build 230 patch. Flyedit.exe is not a part of Fly!II, but part of Flyedit - a scenery-editing program for Fly!I/Fly!2K.In order to generate scenery in Fly!II you would have needed to do the following:1. Download and install the Build 230 patch for Fly!II - you must already be patched up to v210 when you do this. This will add and fix many things, including the new scenery slicer: fly2slice.exe.2. Download and install Terrascene 2.1. If you have already installed this but did not have Fly!II upgraded to v230 OR you were patched to v230 but did not properly direct it to the fly2slice.exe program, then you are not set up properly and did not get the textures generated that you'll need for scenery-making. It appears that you may have installed TS but directed it to Fly!I instead. Regardless - you must be patched to 230, then install Terrascene and direct it to your Fly!II root directory so that it can extract all the textures it needs.If you need to reinstall Terrascene, uninstall, then delete all the directories of TS. Make sure you are properly patched to v230 in Fly!II, then reinstall Terrascene and direct it to Fly!II in your setup.3. Once all of this has been done, you can now copy David's files into Terrascene, open that project, check the proper boxes and your new scenery will be generated automatically.