Sign in to follow this  

Hawaii uploaded!

Hi Pascal,Thanks for your kind words :) and the feedback. Regarding the elevations, I did go with the default or minimum elevations after testing it out with a 100 foot rise instead of 500'. Shield volcanoes, even ones as massive as these, are apparently fairly smooth on the surface because of the way they are made, layer after layer of lava over the eons. I probably lost some cinder cones because of that decision but less detailed elevations did give better frame rates. One thing I noticed with the 100' setting, in areas were the terrain was more rugged (Waimanu Valley) the elevations would shift around/readjust as I approached, very similar to what we used to have with FS2000. If I do Maui that will be another story, the terrain looks much more rugged (lots of valleys)and the additional detail in elevations could be well worth the hit on frame rates.DonP.S. I like your screen shot! Also, it does show one example where using 100' instead of 500' would have possibly made an important difference.