Sign in to follow this  

Hard Drive

I have recently discovered something that may help lots of people. I had a ATA66 hard drive and recently converted to an ATA100 hard drive. With the ATA66 FLY2 would go maybe 15 or less frames a sec. Now with the ATA100 it just flys! Its never been so smooth!

The speed of the drive can certainly make a difference, but there are many factors which affect performance in Fly! Another would be your virtual memory settings - how often the sim is forced to read and write from the drive or can read it from RAM.

Randall Rocke

I am starting to think its more of the drive! I ran FLY2 on the same settings as I did before I got the drive. Before I got maybe 10 - 15 fps if that. It wasnt very smooth at all. I took out of KSFO using the 757 and it started going all choppy. Now its perfect. It also usta freeze a lot on landing and pause and stuff. Now its perfect. It would occur in the ground effect. I have another question for you guys. Msfs has project magenta what does fly have. I think you guys can get a whole group of people ( sim builders ) into fly2. They are looking for as real as they can get.