Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Adding ILS to an existing airport

I'm a recent Fly12k to Flly!II (Mac to PC) converter. I would like to add ILS to the Palm Springs airport so as to keep from crashing on manual approaches. First, can this be done? Secondly, can it be done relatively simply? Or, has something like this been done already and I'm just not aware of this? Any help with this would certainly be appreciated! :-)Private email is okay with me if you wish.John Bauderjohnlbauder@aol.comFly!2K MAC/Fly II PC UserPalm Springs, California, USA

This requires editing the database. It is a little complex, but with the tools we have today (Vol!Edit, DexImport, etc.) you'll find that you will eventually be able to do this with little difficulty.I am participating in the creation of a comprehensive step-by-step tutorial for this, but that probably won't be finished till September. In the meantime, here's a tutorial by Harald Kraft that you can download from the file library. It's a nicely done guide for the beginner in ILS creation: http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=14441If you like realism, I would recommend against it, as there are no ILS approaches for any of the Palm Springs airports in the real world. There are a couple of non-precision VOR approaches if you want to make an approach by instrument.

Randall Rocke