Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Questions about Fly!II from a Newbie

I'm part of the recently converted from Fly!2k (Mac) to Fly!II (PC) and have discovered some most excellent things in doing so, and am having a hard time figuring out some things and I am hoping someone out there would be kind enough to give assistance.First of all, I've read the post about the first-time flyers, etc. and fyi am patched to 230. I notice that my log book doesn't seem to work -- after each flight I have "n/a" across the board. Part of the fun, to me, was going through the flights I've flew and seeing which plane I used from point A to point B. Am I forgetting to click on a button or something (possibly) to make this work???Also... I notice in the Vector Map window, there's no longer an option for "bearing from/to" and "distance" as there was in Fly!2k. Is that something I'll just have to get used to or is there a way to reincarnate that feature??(I hope this doesn't make me sound very stupid here....) And are the mini controls a thing of the past, too??All I have left to do is figure out which map packs I need to download, which ILS updates I need to download, and then I should have a complete working Fly!II.Thanks!John BauderJohnLBauder@aol.comFly!2K MAC/Fly II PC UserPalm Springs, California, USA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

John,There is no Bearing From/To info pointer in the Fly!II vector map.FLy!II doesn't use mini-panels (which I really miss), but undockable instruments. To undock an instrument, Left-Shift-Click it, then drag the instrument to any position on the screen. You can undock as many instruments as you wish and group them as you wish. These are then visible in any view until you close each instrument window. At this time, only the mechanical instruments are undockable, not CRTs.