Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

converting fly1 scenery, terrascene - fly 2?

hello,i just bought fly2 and wanted to import my whole scenery of fly1 (esp. german, dutch, swiss scenery)but how?ok, i know, that it isn

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

madias,The only way that you can move your old scenery into Fly!II is with the original tile images. If you were the creator of the original scenery, you may have saved the image files. You can then use the slicer in Fly!II to recreate the scenery in Fly!II-compatible form from those images. The only problem with this approach is the resolution will be soft (15 meters/pixel). Fly!II's generic scenery is set at 7.5 meters/pixel and looks much sharper.Even though I produced a lot of TS for Fly!2K, I didn't save any of the images files (didn't have enough space at the time), so I'm going to start from scratch with the new textures and resolution.

ok, thank you for your fast response!that are really bad news:(the worst thing is, that I searched for satellite images of europe, trying building my own terrascene...but there AREN

I know that the available shapefile details can be sparse for many areas of the world, but I would start there. If you can obtain at least an image of the area you are working on, you may be able to use Colin's new Shape Editor to create many of the missing details, assign them textures in Terrascene and render them.