Sign in to follow this  

Unpodding files

Where can I find instructions how to unpod and pod a file? I searched the forum, but could not find it (expected it to find it in the FAQ list). I know it has to do with the File Manager, but then ?I downloaded the airport files of Toussus (France). They come with a new taxiway. To install this taxiway I have to unpod the France taxiway file by ROTW and replace the lfpn.pod file by tlfn.pod file. But how do I do this exactly?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I assume you're talking about Fly! or Fly! 2k now? I am not sure how to POD files in Fly! II unless you have the Fly! 2k editor.In the Fly! editor, anyhow...Yes, Editors -> File Manager -> 6. Build a .EPD from a response (.TXT file).Type in the name of the "response" file. It should be a textfile containing the filenames (full paths!) of all the files you want to POD (yes, this is quite annoying, but I know no easier method). Preferably put the response file in a root directory (i.e. C: ). After telling it where the response file is, enter the filename you want to use for your POD file. And finally, volume name... I don't think it matters. Then, if you've provided correct parameters, it should start building. If not, something's wrong...Unpodding can be done with the Fly! POD view (in the Tools directory).Hope that helps! :)Cheers,Dave

Hans,You can download PodCreator from the library, it's written by one of the ROTW team members - it's very useful. :-)For unpodding files, you can use PodView, which comes with Fly!II.Cheers,Matthew.

Hi Dave,Thanks for answering. I asked it for Fly!II.I found in my archives a print of an old forum message "Podding Taxiways Tutorial" posted by Capvideo (Randall Rocke) at sep-07-01. You can also find this tutorial here http://www.thesalters.org/fly2 With this tutorial and some trial and error and some time (lot of taxiways in France) I managed to do the job.

Hans,I'll also give my vote for PodCreator - really takes what used to be a chore (podding a large group of files) and makes it easy.

Hi Matthew and RandallThis POD Creator product seems to be an useful tool indeed. Thank you for pointing me on it.