Sign in to follow this  
Mac_Paint

F.a.o. Pete (Macpaint)

Hi Pete, can you take a peek at the attached Pics of my 737 British Midlands Livery. Ive converted it over to Giorgios Version 2..........however I'm experiencing texture problems at the base of the engine, just wondered whether you've had the same problem.Ive checked everthing over and over but I can't see any bleed or reason for this transparency.Thanks for your guidance Pete.regards John

John,I've not had a chance to take a close look at the model as yet. I did a quick placement of textures from the version 1 Southwest to see what I had to do to convert my exsisting liveries over. I'll skew that model and take a look see.OK. Here's what I see. There must be a 2-3 pixel wide swatch that is causing the mis-colouration on the engines. I'll look see if I can find it. I suggest you compare your repaint to that of one of Giorgio's version 2 tif's to see if you can spot it. It'll be only a few pixels wide so you will have to zoom-up a bit to make discovery eaiser.I'll let you know if I find something.Pete

OK John, This is where you need to check. It's a small strip along the righthand side of the tif right where you paint your engine texture. Make sure that you're not using pure black in your texture map or you will get that transparent anomoly. You can use an RGB value of 0,0,1 if you'd like, and that will prevent that.Pete

Hi Pete,.........I'm very confused Now!!!In my original Engine Texture the Image is White (255,255,255) including that little band your refering to and I have NO black (0,0,0,) at all in the Final Texture tiff. So I reverted back to Giorgio's original Engine texures and guess what.....there transparent also..........but lokking at the Pic Giorgio posted for you, they appear to be there.Very confusing.........they were fine in his original Version (1).Any Ideas MateThanks for your help in this Pete.John

As a test, paint that area some other color, say yellow.Pete