Sign in to follow this  

How do I create a dex file and add a runway?

Stevie,I've got too much else going on to give you the whole story (one of the items I'm working on is a tutorial on database editing - it will be out later this month). Basically, you'll need to learn DB-editing - here's some quick info:1. Get all the info you can on your runway: length, width, type of surface, thresholds, lighting lat/lon of each part, etc.2. Locate the Fly! unique ID code for the airport you are adding the runway to.3. Extract the runway.dbd from the runway.pod and add the new runway - use the parameters from the Database Values.txt list.4. Create the DEX file for this new record so it can be imported and shared.Tools, suggestions, and links to do all of this (including a copy of the Database Values) are listed in the "Fly!2 Database Mini-Tutorials" post at the top of the Developers' Forum: http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID19 Vol!Edit is a great tool for a lot of this work. Be sure to get Didier's latest version.I would also recommend the basic DB-editing tutorial from Colin and myself posted on Ken Salter's web site: http://www.thesalters.org/fly2/database_editing_tutorial.htm

Randall Rocke

Hi StevieSome months ago i uploaded a step to step tutorial, how to create an DEX-File to add an ILS (or RWY or Airport) with Vol!edit with lots of screenshots.Download ID: 14441, Fly! II Miscellaneous, Search for "Database Tutorial".Give it a tryHarald

Thanks Harald - I didn't mean to forget your nice tutorial. The more tools, the better! :-)

Randall Rocke

Thankyou all for your replies. :-wave I know your all very buisy doing your own projects so thanks for the time to explain.Harald thanks for your tutorial I will go and download it now.Stevie :-bat

Harald :-wave I just downloaded your tutorial, it looks fantastic.ThankyouStevie :-bat