Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

Avanti takes the sky!

Guest CaptainJ

Dear FLY! CommunityLast week I had my PPL Examn. And I past it without strugling ;-) .I thought it would be very difficult to pass. But It was easyer then getting my RPL license or my driving license. (-: So after the examn I finaly got some freetime for myself. Therefor I decided to start going on again with my Piaggio Avanti (with some help from Giorgio). It's nearly finneshed but It needs some textures for the final touch. When I have applyed them I will send it off to the AVsim File Library! I don't know when that should be, But I hope very soon! here's a little preview.Take care! :-waveJarno Deken

Its beatiful, Jarno. Congratulations on passing your exam! I love the fact that this Fly! community is flying in the virtual world and real world. Have you completed your flight training? Do you have a check flight remaining? Thanks for working on this aircraft. I have long been hoping for a non-traditional aircraft for Fly! II.

Guest dajackman

Congrats!!! I hope I can say that. I currently have about 30 hours and am crunching for the writtin now...

Guest CaptainJ

Thanks Guy's ;)Well I wanted to go further then only my PPL. But I'am considering where I will do the rest of the training to CPL. At this moment Holland is not the best country to go for your CPL. Due the high costs and rules and regulations! I have over 110 hours now in my logbook! When you have got finaly your flying license there is a new world going open for you!Jarno :-waveI have got the gear textured now!

Thanks for asking, Bob. Its been a few months since I've done a lot of work on it, but since I'll be jobless in a week, perhaps I'll get to pick it up again. To give a quick summary, I have the main panel 90% complete. I'm now working on the lower panel. I'm quite pleased by the way its turned out. I have some nice features built in, like trim lights that show up and down and left to right trim, including the lights changing colors when the trim is centered. Electronic trim can also be turned on and off via a switch on the panel. The flaps level is operational with a nice effect that shows a blinking light in the center as long as the flaps are moving. All of these features correspond with the exact behavior of the Columbia 300 according to the POH.I won't be implementing the moving map, which in my view is still accurate because the moving map is an option on the aircraft. I've only completed the landing gear on the external model. I will probably need help from other aircraft developers to get this done.Here is a link to a recent picture of the panel. I've made more progress since I took this shot, but it will give you an idea:[a href=http://home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/columbia_progress.html]Columbia 300 Progress[/a]Thanks again for your interest. Anyone interested in helping, please let me know.

Guest pilotsim7828

I have seen the Avanti at Meacham field KFTW in Fort Worth TX>USA all body parts made of carbon fiber and kevlar,with a quick engine. also this is a great aircraft to have in the fly!book Seems like I`ll be doing a lot of downloadingThanks you guys:-yellow1