Sign in to follow this  

Fly 2K PAtch Question, Please Help

Greetings,It's been a while since I tried Fly 2K and had a question. When I installed it , that version is 1.01.87. The patch I want to install is the 1.01.88 for the user, PC version. I installed it according to the instructions given, but it still shows up as version 1.01.87 under the help screen. What gives? I reinstalled and again, it still shows up as version 1.01.87. Yes, I'm positive I installed it to the same directory as Fly 2K.I searched for someone who had the same problem and couldn't find anything. Ken Salter, can you give me some insight on this? Thank you,Hans Groenewold

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You need a specific patch (the SDK one) for 1.01.88.Go to File Library and select the Fly! patches category. There you have everything you need.Dave

Hans,There have been times where the "User" version of the patch didn't function properly. I would suggest downloading and running the SDK 1.01.88 "Developer" version instead, which appears to be a more stable patch.Let me know how it works out.

Greetings,Thanks for the replies. I was installing it correct except for one detail. I have Fly! 2K installed and when I went to install the patch, it wanted to put itself into the Fly! directory. I was in a hurry, of course, so the patch installed itself into a subfolder of Fly! 2k. I just went back and changed the default destination directory to Fly! 2k instead of Fly! and it went fine. Thanks for your help.Sincerely,Hans