Sign in to follow this  

Again, how to change the strob-lights (B777)

Hi folks,I have to post again because I can`t change the strb/bcn-light toreal flashing lights like the Piaggio.So, who has the same problem : You have only one .elt file Yea-only one(!) Decathlon.elt is its name (in the world folder).Is it also possible to change the lights at the B777?regards, Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Go to your aircraft folder ( under FLY! II folder ) and double click on the file B7073Bd.epd if you have FLY correctly installed the POD view program should open this file and show you all the files that this aircraft uses.Look for B707300.ELT and select it, then go to File-Extract Selected files ( whithin the POD VIEWER ) and extract the file into TERMINAL REALITYFLY! IIWORLD once extracted, open the file using Word Pad and change values as desired.Happy Flying!Javier RodriguezPD: Looking forward to some great Strob Lights ! ;)

Hi,I`ve tried that but the settings in the .elt file (in the pod. file)would not memory in the file.I`ve also copyed them in the world order.But everytime when I open the B777.pod, the settings are always thesame (old)!!!What`s the problem Bye, Mike

Hallo Mike,Just extract the B707300.ELT file from the POD.Use an editor and change the values.Then place the B707300.ELT in the WORLD folder.In FLY.ini search PODFILES FIRST should be 0Fly reads the B707300.ELT file in the WORLD-folder and thisoverrules the B707300.ELT file in the POD.The B707300.ELT file in the POD only changes when you repodthe B707300.ELT file into the POD using a program like Podcreator V1.1It is preferable to repod , to keep the WORLD folder as smallas possible.Unpodding and placing changed files into WORLD / ART / MODELS andDATA folders makes things very disorderly.Many add-ons are made from unpodded material , I prefer to repod thembefore placing these add-ons into FLY.GreetsLeen de Jager

Sorry, I forgot something,An EPD has to be seen as a kind of POD file.Leen

Hi,First thanks.But we are talking about the Boeing 777 from PMDG!!!Makes it a different?So, I`ve tried all the .elt file is in the world folder, the fly.iniis set to 0.i made it also with the other aircrafts like C172, Decathlon etc.But the B777 and also the Simvol planes wouldn`t react. :-fume What is the fuc.... problem?Bye, Mike