Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dean

Heading Indicator

Guest dajackman

Hey Fly people,My heading indicator never drifts at all. It is always right on with the mag compass. Does anyone else have this problem? I have never gotten in a real airplane and had the heading indicator correct without an adjustment. Is there a fix? Be cool if one of the awsome developers here could write a mod to: on startup, place the HI on a random heading, during flight have that bad boy drift a little....Just some thoughts.

Guest dajackman

I've been flying the piper navajo lately. But I think this problem is with all the aircraft.

I'll have to check up on the specs to be sure, but in most of the more advanced aircraft (including the Navajo, I believe) this is auto-correcting within the instrumentation, therefore there is no drift. The Cessna (Flyhawk) and others with its type of systems may be the only ones where this is necessary.The heading indicator did drift in the Cessna in Fly!2K and had to be corrected from time to time. I haven't flown the Cessna in Fly!II for a while, so I don't know if it is drifting properly.

Randall Rocke

Guest Dean

Go into the Options/Realism/Advanced menu and make sure you have a check by gyro drift.