Sign in to follow this  

InfoMETAR

Guest DSandberg

>Wrong again! I'll whip this thing yet! Bummer. I was a little concerned about this "Earthlink 2003 FTP software" you mentioned having to get in the prior message, but since I don't have any firsthand experience with it I decided to take a wait and see attitude. But if, after obtaining the above software, you still cannot access the FTP link I posted above using Internet Explorer ONLY (i.e., NOT using some custom FTP software solution from Earthlink), then InfoMETAR still won't work either.It's starting to sound to me like Earthlink simply doesn't want to allow people to use FTP through MSIE. If that is the case (and I repeat IF, because I have no way of knowing if this is really true), then you might be out of luck to get InfoMETAR's automatic METAR download feature working unless you change ISPs. Sorry. :(- David Sandberg[br][br]infomsig.jpg

DavidDownloaded the Earthlink software. Same "no go" as with IE. That's with my limited knowledge. The program states that I can put any FTP site in the manager and bring that site up. No luck so far. Have a friend on Earthlink, have asked him to try and bring the site up. Will keep all posted on the outcome. Unfortunately you may be correct in EL not allowing the FTP access. I didn't opt for EL, my ISP sold out to them! This still isn't the end of the line!Thanks DavidRobert J

Guest DSandberg

Yep, I've been there too - my old ISP sold out to MSN last year. I elected to jump ship to a different ISP at that time, rather than be dragged down the MSN route.- David Sandberg[br][br]infomsig.jpg

So far I've been satisfied with EL, no problems. Contacted EL and they do NOT block anything! Verified by my friend also on EL and he is able to access the FTP with no problem. MSIE gives instructions on accessing a FTP which I have followed. So, it's got to be something on my end that is causing the problem. So far, have disabled Norton Internet security, also ditched all cookies. Still comes up and asks for name and password. Not ready to throw in the towel yet. Again, thanks for your input David.Robert J

Hallo Randall,Yes I know about the http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/metar.shtml.Because I am a bit lazy I change my computertime.During summertime it is always handy to reset my PC-time to get theright files.The pc I use is a PC for FLY only , so there is no need to set the time correctly after each simulation.That`s why.Regards

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints