Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

"Flyhawk172"-- high stall speed under WindowsXP

Have installed Fly! and Fly! II using Win98 compatibility mode under WindowsXP. Other planes fly normally, but the C172 just won't lift off at normal flying speeds-- get stall warning horn at 70-80 kts, and no movement on vertical speed indicator.Both programs work fine on another cptr under Win98.After the WinXP install, I applied patch (v.1.01.87) to Fly!, and the patch (v.2.10) to Fly!II. (Before the installs, I removed the Fly.ini and Render.ini files from both, pasting them back in after install.)Indications are that I'm getting full power at full throttle.Any ideas? Thanks --Larry H

Guest Josve

Hi Larry!There is no need to use the win98 compatibility under XP.You should also patch fly2 up to 230.The latest pach add some very important stuff to the fly.ini file,so don't use an old one!I have no answer for the 172 issue......Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/zone.jpg ][/div

First of all, don't run either sim under compatibility mode - Johnny is right on this.You need to patch Fly! to the SDK 1.01.88 "Developer" or "User" level - at 1.01.87 you're missing out on a lot of capabilities and add-ons.You need to patch Fly!II up to the beta build 230 level.Every time you apply a patch, the history files for the aircraft (HST files) are corrupted. These files are created by Fly!II and placed in the aircraft folder. Delete all of the HST files before starting Fly!II again. After startup, go to the Aircraft - Options... menu and set all Trim Steps to 1 and all Exponential to 100% for each aircraft.You should now get proper handling and performance with the Flyhawk and other aircraft. For the most realistic performance, download Rob Young's latest patch for the Flyhawk.

Randall Rocke