Sign in to follow this  

HST files in Fly!2K

Is there any know dll or little program to prevent those nasty hst files to build up?Is going to clean the aircrafts folder the only method?Thanks and regardsRakham

Guest Bjorn

I never heard of such program, so I don't really thinkthere are any.On the other hand, you shouldn't need to clean themunless you are upgrading the version, or if you haveany error.Best regards Bj

Rakham,You really don't want to remove these files, unless you are applying a patch, etc. These HISTORY files store basic information and settings on each aircraft, such as engine wear and aircraft damage, engine time (HOBBS meter), trim settings, etc.When you apply a patch, the history files are sometimes corrupted. I would use the following procedure: apply the patch, delete the *.HST files, start Fly!II. Fly! will then create new HST files. Because all of the trim settings and history for each aircraft have now been lost, you must begin again. Load each aircraft in turn and reset the Aircraft, Options... for Trim Steps and Exponential (all Trim Steps to 1 and all Exponential to 100%). This info will be stored in the new history files, and you shouldn't have to set them again (unless you apply a new patch).

Randall Rocke

OK. Understood now. First I thought that this might be the reason why the program would always crash.Ok I will let them in place and look somewhere else why, Fly! crashes all the time just after requesting for taxi with C4TO.Thank you all.Rakham

But if you really, really want your hst to be deleted at every Fly! start, you can ask Jean Paul : he had done a small DOS program, and at each start, the hst were destroyed, and Fly! was launched. But... it was a long time ago.Yves