Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly II Pilot

Swissairports/Terramodel Problem

I downloaded Danny Masson's Fly! II Swiss Airports Series and as per instructions downloaded Allen Kriesman's Terramodels Texture Pack v 2.0, unzipped and installed both in the prescribed order. Flying into or out of St Gallen (LSZR)I get this error message: cannot select texture DSZR5699.RAW because you did not allocate any 32x32 8888 tetures in render.ini" and Fly! II shuts down. I noticed in Allen's readme a series of keywords in render.ini but these keywords have no values after the equal sign. Can anyone advise me how to fix the problem?My System:Windows-XPPentium-4 2.53 GHz512 m RAMGEforce 2 Ultra 64mMany thanks in advance.Ernest Waldburger

Guest Fly II Pilot

Ernest:Could you please post your render.ini which can be found in the Fly! IIsystem folder? Just copy and paste the text here but make sure you replace any brackets with parentheses or else the headers (Graphics, Textures, NonAGP and AGP) won't show. It should look something like this:(Graphics)premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0mipLevelCount=20vertexIndexFormat=0(Textures)maxTextures32=0maxTextures64=16maxTextures64_565=16maxTextures128=72maxTextures128_565=999maxTextures256=20maxTextures256_565=90maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=2maxTextures1024=1mipMapFlag=896(NonAGP)maxTextures256_565=0(AGP)maxTextures256_565=0If you look at mine, the maxTextures32=0 is where you indicate how many 32x32 slots you allocate and it's set to 0. What you'd have to do is try with 10 instead of 0, save it, start Fly! again and see what happens. If that still doesn't work, try with 15 and so on.Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Alejandro,Thanks for your interest. Here's my render.ini. I hope you'll be able to get me squared away.Ernest Waldburger(Graphics)mipLevelCount=8vertexIndexFormat=1premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0(Textures)maxTextures32=0maxTextures64_565=16maxTextures128=72maxTextures128_565=999maxTextures256=20maxTextures256_565=32maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=0maxTextures1024=1mipMapFlag=896maxTextures64=16(NonAGP)maxTextures256_565=0(AGP)maxTextures256_565=0

Alejandro,I forgot to ask: are you running Danny Masson's Swissairports successfully, particularly LSZR St Gallen? If so, would it not be a solution for me to mirror all your render.ini settings? Does your computer setup differ essentially from mine? I'm a novice at this business so please forgive dumb questionsYou'lll note that there are variances between your settings and mine, to wit:(Graphics)mipLevel count=20 (mine=8)vertexIndexFormat=0 (mine=1)(Textures)maxTextures256_565=90 (mine=32)maxTextures512_565=2 (mine=0)Again, many thanks.Ernest WaldburgerLos Osos, California

Ernest,For one thing, unless you have an ATI video card, I would recommend you set your "vertexIndexFormat=" to "0". Your mipLevel count is also fine - I even set mine lower for a more "crisp" image and better framerate.I've run LSZR for some time with no problem, though I'm away from home right now so I can't tell you what my render.ini settings are. The message you got makes me think that there is something else wrong or that another scenery item is conflicting.

Randall Rocke

Guest Fly II Pilot

Ernest:I downloaded them and installed them just for you and, after changing my render.ini and downloading a couple of things I was missing, it worked fine.So, DO change the maxTextures32=0 to maxTextures32=10But also make sure that you have biberall.zip models and the Terramodels Texture Pack 2.1 or else it won't work.Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB