Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Video Card help

Ok, I'm going to embarrass myself but I can't take it any more. I'm only getting 5-9 fps, can anyone help?Here is my specs.PIII 900mhz383 MD SDRAMGeForce 2 MX400 64MBWhat drivers should I get, etc. I've got version 28.11 but do I have to disable the built-in display driver that came with my computer?Thanks in advance.Crash

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

i have the same card[pci] and last night tried 12.41-23.11-and , with a test flight, found the 28.32 drivers to be best. i've a 766/256ram. go to http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows9x for the drivers. nvidias are "self installing". read the faq's.keep the system defragged, and shut off all background apps, not needed. [ ctrl-alt-del; close diagalog box or find the original "endItall" get "rivatuner" to tweak the card, add cooling BEFORE any o/c'ing.if you like eye candy,you'll probably end up @12-18fps in the "sticks" and 10 or less in big cities. ZOoooommmmm....tom t

If your addon GeForce 2 MX400 64MB card is an AGP style card you need to disable any on-board (built-in display driver) for the GeForce to work. If the GeForce is a PCI style card and uses a different IRQ then you might get away with not disabling the on-board.