Sign in to follow this  

3d views in FS20002 for almost nothing. Cheaper then LC

I know in the past there has been a mention of using the 3D shutter glasses with FS2002.These are not cheap, and don't people realise that you don't need these glasses to use 3D, as you can download the 3d drivers, and use to old fashioned read and blue glasses, which can be made, or bought for next to nothing.Has anyone here tried viewing in 3d this way, with the read and blue glasses?Seems people hve been talking about these glasses and viewing in 3d, when it's been avaialble for years, yet many have not made use of it.maybe people have forgotten you can use read and blue with the stereo drivers to get out of the cockpit views in 3D.I have not tried it yet, as I will need to make the 3d glasses, and am going to download the 3d Drivers, but before I do would like to know if anyone else uses 3d using the read and blue glasses and how well is it working for you.Seems the read and blue method is almost forgotten and unheard of these days, else the talk of 3d awhile back on here would suggest many have not heard of 3d down this way.Sorry for reposting this, would be nice to see if anyone has tried FS2002 with the Red/Blue glasses for cheap, next to nothing 3D. All you need is the 3d Graphics drivers, and make a pair of 3d glass, at a cost of almost nothing and can see fs2002 in 3D.

The 3D used for the stutter glasses is created by separating the screen image into two duplicate images, and offseting them a little bit, right to left, and switching back and forth. This switching is in sync with the stuttering of the glasses to give your right and left eyes a different perspective, adding a sense of depth.The red/blue glasses use a different method for creating depth. As above, there are two images offset longitudinally, but they are showing concurrently. One image is tinted red, as to be washed out by the red side of the glasses, and the other side is tinted blue, washed out by the blue side. In effect, this gives the same result as above -- giving your right and left eyes diffent images to create a sense of depth. However, the display methods are entirely different, requiring a different 3D program or drivers.

Download the Nvidia 3d graphics driver and you need no other software, as there is a flip mode for the switching glasses, and another mode for the Red/Blue Glasses. I just tried it out to see if it works, and it does, without crashing. All I have to do now is buy some red, and blue cellophine and make some glasses, and see FS2002 in full 3d, without the cost of additional cost, or software.Just go the the Nvidia website and download the latest 3d graphics driver.

WOW this is news to me. Where could I buy these glasses? I would make my own but if the color is slightly off I'm afraid it won't work

Guest Lizardo

YIPE! Where is a cheap 3D movie theater with free glasses when you need one! {haha, let this be a lesson: never throw anything away) :)

I Have a pair of these Blue and Red 3D glasses that I got with a retail book on Computer Graphics. The book was a clearace item. I am going to download the Nvidia drivers and give it a try. If I don't post back then it didn't work May take a day or so to get around to it...................

This is from the Nvidia 3D Driver documentation.

Ok, before I order, I'll let someone else be the guinea pig ;)Whoever gets to try the 3d drivers with the glasses first, please report it here

>Download the Nvidia 3d graphics driver and you need no other >software, as there is a flip mode for the switching glasses, >and another mode for the Red/Blue Glasses. Nobody told me. And I was all excited to know something too.

I have 3 syllables for you all who can't find red & blue glasses.Li Bra Ry! :-walksmileCarmine "The Big Ragu" :-cool

http://www.lsi.usp.br/~ricardo/brsms/howto.htm go to the above site and tells you how to make a 3D glasses. Another way is just go and buy a sheet of red and blue cellophe and cardboard and make your own cardboard glasses.Also there are lots of places on the interent sell the movie theatre cardboard classes and places where they are avaialbe for free, other than a few cents for postage, but if you have cardboard at home and do the above you can make your own, but try and get dark shades of red and blue, else if they are too light in colour, will have to fold them, and if they are too blurry will need to try and find better quailty cellophe which is darker.Another opition is go to a photographic shop a blue and red filter ,but would be the more costly way to go. Also someone posted here you can buy a good pair of 3D red/blue classes for about $12. I have seen them for $7 and look like normal glasses, but have red/blue lensesAlso I was looking for 3D glasses stuff and noticed a site explaining how to make them, but with red/green combiation.And looking at the 3D driver you can change the colours.Was wondering what is the advantage of one set of colours over another?Some I have seen with a clear lens, and a dark lens, but do seem to be others out there that don't use red/blue.But the most common is of course red/blue.

https://www.berezin.com/3d/3dglasses.htmRed/blue is the official standard shade, and these will most often work best, ... but: Red/Cyan: Cyan is a weird shade of blue which gives more neutral skin tones. Therefore many of those 3D comic books which say they have a free pair of red/blue glasses included inside, ...well actually what they _really_ have inside sometimes are red/cyan glasses, but...Red/Green is by far the best for black and white anaglyphs !Anyway, why not test out various pairs of shades, by first trying the cheapo cardboard versions? == WHK ==

Interesting kids. I've got a pair of Count Floyd's 3d glasses laying around here somewhere from the old ATP flight sim(remember that one...... not bad for it's time). So I'll have to give it a try also.ahoooooo!