Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

New patch and v152tov.210

I have spent hours trying to reinstall and patch this program. Patch v152tov210 aborts and says found old file and stops patch install. I,ve tried deleting any files of FlyII that were left after uninstall thru windows. I,ve had to start over with fresh install as after putting on the new patch,scenery from the front view was distorted(not side views-wierd). Thought it might be because I had installed gps into the Aurora 200.Before I put on the latest patch it was working ok. Just about ready to give up on this. Any help would be appreciated! ThanksRichard

Guest artl

Before installing the patch 152-to-210, be VERY sure that the original CD install is indeed 152, and not 197... (That's what happened to me.) Art.

Richard,I do know this relates to an issue with files left from previous installations. When this message appears you need to uninstall/delete everything and start over.You mentioned you deleted the Fly!II files - did you also delete the directory? It needs to create this anew. Also, you might want to search the registry for any scraps relating to Terminal Reality and Fly!II before reinstalling.

Randall Rocke

Thank you,gentleman. The hangup was as you said-Fly file in the registry. Deleted it and the rest of the patches installed like a breeze. Sim runs fairly smoothly now, so I guess I had better just use it,stop complaining, and have fun. Don,t think I,ll try tp put the GPS back into the Aurora,either. Probably better to leave well enough alone. Sure glad there is people like you that are so willing to help. Richard

Guest Fly II Pilot

Richard:You may want to download the Default Aircraft V2.0 from Roberto Vigetti posted on November 25th. I'm pretty sure it adds the GPS among many other things and the installation is very easy and not invasive, it's a single POD file.Enjoy "the new" Fly! II...Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Richard,Glad to hear you're running! However, don't give up on the GPS - there is no problem with it. The trick is to have everything in the proper place:1. First of all, install the Kingair Air B200 GPS update by Bosco Leal Jr. for the default aircraft.2. For other versions (liveries) of the B200, the author must include the GPS update that refers to Mr.Leal's installation. I have Grant Millikan's GPS update for his Air-Glaciers' repaint and his GPS installation for his N740J. Again, for these to work, Bosco's version must be installed.

Randall Rocke