Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Problem with new patch & C4TO

Hi Folks, First a big thank you to Rich & all the Beta team for all the work to give us such a great Sim. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem but it has occurred 3 times to me now in about 6 flights. Everything seems OK, I am cleared, Taxi to the runway, cleared for take off, then I Alt R to reply & get the following error message:Fatal error caused by .Dll "ModulesPCFlyscripts.Dll" in DllKeyPressed routine File: Dllman.cpp Line: 1512.The last time this happened I was switched to the last Centre before being switched to Approach & again went to reply to loud & clear & got dumped out with the same message. Any ideas would be greatly apreiciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Desmond,I am a member of the beta team and have been running C4TO with all of the beta builds (about 6 different builds btwn 230 and and 240). There were no problems.The only problem I've ever had was due to a db error in Fly! (C4TO's Approach control doesn't appear to function in Alaska, so we'll see what we can find out about that one).Outside of the possibility of file corruption in the Flyscripts.dll, do you have any other programs running when you are Fly!ing?

Hi Randell, Thank you for your prompt reply & all the work you & everybody has put into FLY!!The only programs I have running are Norton Antivirus & Internet security. My Operating System is Windows XP Home Edition. I have been running C4TO in FLY!! with no problems for several months now so I don't think it is a corrupt file but I will download Flyscripts & C4TO & reinstall them to see if that is the problem. If you have been running C4TO with all those builds with no problems then at least I know it is something to do with my setup so will dig deeper. Thanks again for your quick response. Desmond

Desmond,I don't know if this may be the issue, but I certainly would disable Norton when I flew. Norton is a good antivirus program, but has proven to cause problems for some Fly!II users.In some cases disabling it alone wasn't enough - in one case a user had to close all Norton startup programs in system config, then restart WinXP.