Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Question about rendering

I know this isnt the right area to post this but I figure I may not get a quick response otherwise. This should be in the Terrascene development I know. I'm doing a render right now as I type this. I started it earlier this afternoon. Its taking quite a bit of time. My question is what will happen if I were to stop it right now in the middle of the Job?Will I loose what it has rendered thus far? Or will it allow me to pick up where it left off at? Its been running now for about 6 hours and is a little past half way. So I dont want to stop now if it is going to mess it up. Any one out there? :) TonyWhy Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

Guest Dean

I'm not 100% certain of this but if you are still within the Terrascene program you can stop it and it will pick up rendering from where it left off. since you've been at it for 6 hours I would guess the Fly slicer has been been called up and you are in the middle of slicing the TGA images already created by TS2. If that is the case I don't think you can stop it and pick up from where you left off. How big of an area are you doing? On my system (Athlon 1800+, 512 meg)one globe tile takes about four hours to do everything.

Ok Thanks, Oddest thing happened though just after I posted here. I shut down my browser and just a few seconds after that terrascene locked up. I got a error. Didnt really see what kind though. Anyway I fired up FlyII just to see what happened if anything. Well it worked like a charm. What areas I did fly over where rendered and looked excellent. I kind of bit off more than I wanted to render, or should I say may have picked out very large area. It covers from just north of JFK in NY, and heading south to Wash, DC. About a 200 miles in width running east to west. I live in Philly and was getting rather board with the blurry flattend look. As far as what terrascene was in the process of doing. Im not real swift with it yet. But I do remember seeing in the window that is in the middle of parsing something. Also it was at segment 9,6 of 17,14.best I can tell though it must have written correctly and nothing was effected by the early shutdown. I will continue with the rest maybe tomorrow and see waht happens. TonyWhy Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

Guest Dean

Boy I'll say, that is a huge area! You may find you get better, and faster, results if you render 1 globe tile at a time. That way you can do the same area you are doing now but in more "bite size" chunks. Dean

I would definitely recommend sticking to a global tile at a time. You'll also be able to resolve problems for a particular area of scenery-rendering rather than having to deal with a large group of tiles. It will also aid Fly!II's performance, which may bog down otherwise.Be sure to delete the data folders in the Data directory after rendering and before flying.

Randall Rocke