Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dean

Terrascene Problem Comparison

I have attached my Fly2K Terrascene made with TS2.0 and compared it to TS2.1 scenery of the same area for FlyII(South Florida...Miami Beach) with no editing on either one.The top scenery is of Fly2K and looks fantastic.The bottom is of FlyII and the coastlines and water look terrible.Also the bridges are missing...What is going on?How can I fix this?Any help would be appreciated.Tony in MiamiPS. Tony thanks for your help on the 24th.

Guest Dean

There's one set of replacement water textures in the library. I'm a little surprised there haven't been more done. The water effects are either love or hate. You can turn them off within Fly II and the default water texture will appear. You might also select a lighter texture color for the roadways in your Fly II scenery so they stand out more. As far as the missing roadways across the water, this was something Todd fixed in the TS2.1 update. Is it possible you rendered that scenery with an earlier version? Dean

Is that are Terrascened? How did you get your water to look like that?Tony

Thanks for your response. In answer to your question I am using the latest 2.1 version.Tony

Yes, that is Terrascene. I did a test demo over a year ago to show just what one could do with Fly II. It is found in the AVSIM library. Then FS2002 came out and we took a stab at doing scenery for that. http://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...4%20&CatID=RootThere are sorts of tricks that can be done with FlyII's water. Check the Terrascene archives about a year ago.http://members.rogers.com/jkanold/jimlogo.gif

Guest Dean

Tony,I rendered a small area off of Miami to see what the results would be. As you can see, the roadways did render across the water. I'm pretty sure this came up during the beta testing of TS2.1 and Todd made some changes, to the watermask I believe, that fixed this. Try turning the water effects off in Fly II the next time you load your scenery and see if the bridges appear. If they do, that would confirm they are being rendered in the daytime scenery but not in the watermask. I'm not really sure what could be causing this problem but you might check to be sure that you are rendering both the roadways and easments. I use a light texture for roads and you may notice that there are not as many streets in my shots because I don't render city streets. IMHO, they chop up the hi-rez city/suburban textures, which already have virtual roads, too much. I also posted a picture of the same area with the calender set to May. A lot of people don't realize that Fly adjusts the position of the Sun, moon, etc to the season. This can make winter screen shots look dull compared to summer. Good luck figuring it out.