Sign in to follow this  
Guest DNelson

DME for the Cessna ?

Hi everyone,once upon a time (well, maybe a year ago) there was one very nice person out there, who had been so kind to send me an additional DME gauge for the Cessna. I thought it was etremely useful for practicing IFR... To make the story short, I upgraded my computer and lost those files.Unfortunately I can't remember who it was, so I'm asking if someone else has still got them. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,Rodger :)

Hi Rodger,It might be some files I sent you in Feb this year :-)I've searched my mail archive and have resent tonight what I think is the very mail you got before.Hope it works - I don't have Fly2 on my HD for the moment, haven't used a fsim a lot this year as Fly! and the communication with this forum inspired me to go for the real thing. Got my PPL two months ago and am still sort of "walking on clouds".But now is the right time for some serious simming as the weather isn't exactly VFR friendly here :-)And with the new patch, I just have to install it again and continue to improve the SE-KVT etc... Kind RegardsTommy ESMH

Hi Tommy,that's exactly what I was looking for!!!Thanks a billion :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy Now I remember, and of course I still fly your SE-KVT. Still one of my favourites, and if you get to even improve it, that would be great.Thanks again for your quick response and sending me the files.And congratulations for your PPL! Great to hear you made it....Keep Fly!ing,Rodger ;) ;(8 http://www.mp3.com/rodgerchristmann

Congrats on your PPL. Tommy:I share your enthusiasm... I'm currently in a 141 flight school myself; Looking to go pro. Do you mind sharing that DME file with me also. Maybe post where I can get it?Thanksblkwlsn

Thanks. I'll mail it to you if you let me know your e-mail address - if you don't want to show it here, mail me at mail2tp@gmx.net/Tommy

Guest DNelson

Just in case you weren't aware, there is a DME in the default Cessna. It's called GPS.;) Just hit the direct-to button, and put in the three-letter identifier for the VOR you want distance information from. Also works with airports, NDB's, most anything in the Fly database.The FAA allows the substitution of GPS for DME (and ADF) in real-world operations, which is the reason you don't often see DME installed in modern IFR-GPS equipped planes.Dan