Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Crashed to Desktop (the program, not the plane...)

I am just getting back into Fly!II after a layoff. I am running XP and have the program patched to 240. I was flying the TRIHawk and was about 2.5 hours into a 3 hour flight, just waiting for the ariport to come into sight at night. I loaded the sectional map to check my progress and got this message:Video card error messageCan't select texture NFTW0923.RAW, because you did not allocate any 32x32 8888 textures in render.iniI am running a Ge Force 2 video card. I have the settings set to: Renderer: DirectX8 (although I am actually running the new DirectX9)Resolution: 1024x768Bit Depth: 32bits/pixelVideo Memory: 32mb or less (the card has 32mb)High Detail Textures: uncheckedAny help here? Strangely the program worked fine for the entire flight. It crashed just when it was getting fun. When I had the program running under 98SE I ran a bit depth of 16bits/pixel but otherwise the same.

G'day Jcheyney,Mate I'm no expert, in these matters but the error message seems pretty explicit. The sectional maps seems to require 32 x 32 textures.I have a very similar setup to you 98se and GeForce 2 card (but 64MB).I haven't allocated any 32 textures in my render.ini but I don't use sectional maps as they are non existant for Australia.Open your render.ini file (located in the Fly/systems folder)in notepad and simply alter the linemaxTextures32=0tomaxTextures32=16edit: save a backup copy of your render.ini to a temp directory before making the change just in case the change doesn't work.resave the render.ini and restart fly!II and see if that helps.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Roger:I made the edit and retried the same flight without any problems. Just one question. Why did you chose 16? Thanks again. Happy Year to everyone Down Under from those of us here in the states.John

G'day John,Why 16 ? Dunno!I didn't want to take too much away from your original texture allocation so just took a stab with 16.If you like you might try reducing this value say to 8 and give it a go. As I said before my render.ini has maxTextures32=0 and I have never had a problem. ( but I don't use the sectional maps ).Anyway glad it all worked out for you.Happy New Year to yoouuaaallll (my best american accent):-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY