Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Help installing Wilco 737-500 for Fly!

Greetings!I recently purchased a new PC, and installed Fly! and Fly! 2, after findng on them by chance on the web. (Both "european" versions, but my Mom & Dad are mailing me the U.S. version of Fly! 2K from back home in the "States." Also, purchased & installed FS 2002 after getting a really good deal on it at a USAF base here in the United Kingdom. (I'm retired USAF and can still shop on base.) All three were installed and seem to run without any trouble. Although FS 2002 has a larger variety of aircraft to choose from, I like the "Fly!" series of flight simulators better.I am a brand new to the flightsim community and hope that someone, somewhere can help me with a problem installing the Wilco 737-500 for Fly!.Purchased and downloaded the 737-500 from Wilco's website, then downloaded the 737-500 "patch," then the "official" patch from Terminal Realitiy's website. Did'nt understand what I had to do to install it, and e-mailed Wilco's tech support staff. (I'm not expert on PC's, just reasonably knowledgeable, and can usually find my way around things that are a little over my head with a little bit of help.) Managed to get it installed and running o.k., then installed another few addon planes after that. Unfortunately, though, Fly! did'nt like one of them, because it kept flashing up "error" messages and would'nt finish installing after that.I was'nt entirely sure which one it was that caused the problem or how to fix it, so, I figured the safest and best thing to do, was uninstall the whole thing and start from scratch. (Mistake number 1!)Anyway, to be honest with you all, the problem is I just don't remember what I did to get it to work. (Mistake 2 incidentally, wastrying to fiddle around with it after I finished nights! Doh!)Can someone out there show me the way? ((Please?) Very specific directions would help loads, as to what folder the Fly! "patch," 737 aircraft itself, and the 737 "patch" need to go into. Discovered the hard way Fly! only has a certain number of slots for aircraft, when I did a "full" install of 737's in all liveries, then installed the extra add on aircraft, and found out several of the default aircraft had been dropped out of the selection screen. I guess this is all part of the learning curve, but once this gets sorted out, will quit while I'm ahead and leave well enough alone.Best regards,Joe

Joe,I'm on the run right now so I'll make this quick (and return later with more detail).I never had the Wilco plane, but there are many persons in this forum that have used it and should be able to help you. It may be that you didn't have Fly! patched up to the right level to accept the Wilco patch.Also, you are correct that there are limitations in the amount of planes that can be installed in the original Fly! However, this limitation was removed in a later patch - you need to patch Fly! to the SDK 1.01.88 (User or Developer) level. This patch is available here in the Avsim File library, though you must either have Fly!2K or your original Fly! must be patched to the 1.01.87 level (same as Fly!2K).Here's the sequence, patch Fly! to the 1.01.87 level with the "so-called" Final Patch (which it wasn't). This patch is available at the Terminal Reality web site and also at flightsim.com. It was supposed to have been moved back into the Avsim file library (got lost in an update to the file system) but I don't see it yet. Again, Fly!2K is the same as patching to 1.01.87.Then, patch to the SDK 1.01.88 (User or Developer) level and you'll probably be able to use the Wilco patch at that point. You'll also be able to have as many planes in your hanger as you want.The First Time Fly!ers and FAQ posts at the top of this forum give you some great info on patching and setting up Fly!II - be sure to follow those guides to get yourself patched up to the Fly!II v240 level. I'll be back later with a list of updates and add-ons for the original Fly! Welcome to Fly!

Randall Rocke